Bixio / Frizzi / Tempera 'Magnetic Systems' LP
• From the same vibrant cinematic landscape of 70s studio supergroups as Goblin, The Pawnshop, The Feedback and The Braen’s Machine comes The Magnetic System - the Italian incognito dream team that included Milano prog keyboardist Vince Tempera and Cinevox sibling Franco Bixio and launched the career of Video Nasty maestro Fabio Frizzi.
• Bridging the void between Giallo jazz bass driven prog and the arrival of home studios and synthesisers, the omnipresent film music of The Magnetic System marked a sea change in Italian genre film music, promoting melodic electronics to the forefront of Italian pop culture and pre- empting the first murmurs of Italo disco and synth-pop.
• Sharing session musicians, studios and release schedules with many of the aforementioned luminaries, Bixio, Frizzi and Tempera’s magnetic powers continue to attract musicians and aficionados of discerning sight and sound.
• Masterminded in the mid-70s at the apex of Italian film music’s most exciting transitional period, The Magnetic System was created to encapsulate the combined efforts of three of the country’s most prolific and adventurous soundtrack composers in an attempt to retarget their lauded behind-the-scenes personas towards the Italian commercial instrumental pop market.
• This compilation gathers a wider selection of the trio’s compositions that fall within the stylistic parameters of The Magnetic System’s creative blueprint; culling drum-heavy synthesised psychedelic soundtracks with sympathetic leanings to the white funk / cosmic disco murmurings of the era.
Catalogue number: FKR084LP
Label: Finders Keepers