Africans With Mainframes 'K.M.T.' 2xLP
• Jamal Moss, aka Hieroglyphic Being, returns for a new second album on Soul Jazz Records, after last year’s debut ‘The Acid Documents’, this time under the name Africans With Mainframes.
• Hieroglyphic Being and fellow Chicago producer Noleian Reusse have been releasing music under the name Africans With Mainframes for over 15 years now, ever since their debut on Hieroglyphic Being’s own Mathematics Recordings label in 2005.
• ‘K.M.T.’ is the debut album from the group, a collage of apocalyptic Chicago acid meets industrial and transcendental post-house machine funk. Both intense and unique, the album of forward-thinking, experimental, boundary-pushing Afro- futurist electronic music shows why Hieroglyphic Being is regarded as one of the most serious purveyors of experimental music today.
• Born and based in Chicago, Moss’s music embodies two of the cultural foundation blocks of the city’s musical lineage; that of Chicago’s original acid house sound, that of Frankie Knuckles, Phuture, Marshall Jefferson et al, alongside a rigorous experimental sound searching that taps into the cosmic musical lineage of pioneering artist Sun Ra whose Arkestra landed and was based in the city from 1946-61.
• Available on double LP, hard Japanese card style CD and digital download album, including cover art by Paolo Parisi (the Italian designer of the John Coltrane graphic novel and Soul Jazz’s own ‘Acid - Mysterons...’ releases).
Catalogue number: SJRLP333
Label: Soul Jazz