Bjork 'Vulnicura Strings' 2xLP
• A string version of Björk’s highly-acclaimed eighth studio album ‘Vulnicura’ released on CD and double vinyl.
• This new version is musically wholly comprised of strings, featuring new violin solos by Una Sveinbjarnardóttir.
• Björk used the only Viola Organista in the world to perform some of the arrangements on ‘Vulnicura Strings’; an instrument originally designed by Leonardo Da Vinci but not built until after his lifetime. The instrument uses a friction belt to vibrate individual strings (similar to a violin), with the strings selected by pressing keys on the keyboard (similar to an organ). The instrument was recorded in Krakow, Poland by its constructor Sławomir Zubrzycki.
• A quote from Björk reads: “while i was working on vulnicura , it became one of the most magical thing both musically and spiritually to unite the electronics and the acoustic instruments in an almost romantic way : to prove they can coexist !! that positive tango was a proactive counterpoint to the lyrics of the album : the end of an union . onion . tears . a lot . lol .
• “but while working on it i felt somehow for the first time , this was an album that could take another version : a reveal , to simply have the acoustics stand on their own for the folks who wanna indulge even further into the wooden timeless side of this music . w / no techno .
• “so here it is : i dug out the more close up pick up miked versions , other sonic point-of-views , added some violin solos by the gorgeous una sveinbjarnardóttir and the talented sławomir zubrzycki played masterfully the viola organista ( an instrument invented by leonardo da vinci but only recently built for the first time . it is little but like a grand piano which is bowed not plucked ) [...] i hope you like this version too”
• Double LP features heavyweight 180g black vinyl with a gatefold sleeve.
Catalogue number: TPLP1317
Year of release / Country of release: 2015 / UK
Label: One Little Indian