Brian Eno 'The Ship' 2xLP (Clear Vinyl Pressing)
• Limited indies only transparent double vinyl in a gatefold sleeve with printed inners and four prints.
• Originally conceived from experiments with three dimensional recording techniques and formed in two interconnected parts, ‘The Ship’ brings together beautiful songs, minimalist ambience, physical electronics omniscient narratives and technical innovation into a single, cinematic suite. The result is the very best from Eno, a record without parallel in his catalogue.
• Vinyl formats include digital download cards.
• Brian Eno describes the music on the record in his own words: “On a musical level, I wanted to make a record of songs that didn’t rely on the normal underpinnings of rhythmic structure and chord progressions but which allowed voices to exist in their own space and time, like events in a landscape. I wanted to place sonic events in a free, open space.
• “One of the starting points was my fascination with the First World War, that extraordinary trans-cultural madness that arose out of a clash of hubris between empires. It followed immediately after the sinking of the Titanic, which to me is its analogue. The Titanic was the Unsinkable Ship, the apex of human technical power, set to be Man’s greatest triumph over nature.”
• ‘The Ship’ follows 2012’s Grammy-nominated album ‘Lux’ (Warp) and recent reissues of ‘My Squelchy Life’, ‘Nerve Net’, ‘The Shutov Assembly’ and ‘The Drop’ (All Saints).
Catalogue number: WARPLP272