Matthew Dear 'Bunny' 2xLP
Available as standard black vinyl or super limited white splatter vinyl.
Matthew Dear is a shapeshifter, oscillating seamlessly between DJ, dance-music producer, and experimental pop auteur. He is a founding artist on both Ghostly International and its danceﬂoor offshoot, Spectral Sound. He writes, produces, and mixes all of his work. He straddles multiple musical worlds and belongs to none, now nearly 20 years into his kaleidoscopic career, with ﬁve albums and two dozen EPs plus millions of miles in the rearview of his biography.
Bunny is the name of Matthew Dear’s ﬁfth album. His ﬁrst since 2012, it bounces into plain sight preceded by two slyly different singles in 2017: the moody, urgent "Modaﬁnil Blues” and the buoyant, blithe, Tegan and Sara-featuring “Bad Ones.” Bunny follows both modes, among others, parading down a rabbit hole of unhinged phrasings, dreams, and interludes. It saunters in the shadows; it stands brightly in the moonlight. Bunny is a dual vision of avant-pop; an artistic reckoning from a 21st-century polymath; persona splintered, paradox paraphrased, a riddle rendered.
- First album since 2012’s Beams
- Past tours with Depeche Mode, MGMT, alt-J
- Features vocal contributions from Tegan and Sara
- Past coverage/praise from Pitchfork, Stereogum, NPR, SPIN, Rolling Stone, Fader, BBC Radio, KCRQ, KEXP, & more. • Lead singles “Modaﬁnil Blues” and “Bad Ones” have over 5 million streams
- Standard weight vinyl comes in embossed glossy jacket
Catalogue number: GI323LP / GI323LPC1