Moby 'Animal Rights' LP
• Reissued on 180g vinyl.
• ‘Animal Rights’ is Moby’s the fourth studio album, originally released on September 23, 1996. An album as chock full of guitars as this is a departure from the usual electronica Moby had become renowned for.
• Moby’s venture into punk rock was in part the result of being disillusioned by the lack of positive media feedback received for his electronic works.
• Ironically, just as Moby decided to change direction, the electronic music he moved away from started to gain recognition and popularity. For this reason ‘Animal Rights’ was pivotal in Moby’s music career.
• Last released in 1996, ‘Animal Rights’ reached No. 38 in the UK album charts.
• “Animal Rights goes from one extreme to the next, swinging from contemplative, classical prettiness to screaming-guitar mayhem.” - Rolling Stone
Catalogue number: STUMM150