Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 'Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus' 2xLP
• English guitarist and organist James Johnston joined The Bad Seeds for their thirteenth studio album ‘Abattoir Blues/The Lyre Of Orpheus’, which was released on September 20th 2004 by Mute Records, and produced by Nick Launay.
• This masterful double album was produced by Nick Launay at Studio Ferber in Paris in March–April 2004 with Cave splitting drumming duties for the two parts, with Jim Sclavunos on ‘Abattoir Blues’ and Thomas Wydler on ‘Lyre Of Orpheus’.
• The entire album was completed in twelve days, and notably, the last track on the album, ‘O Children’, was featured in the 2010 film ‘Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part One’. The song is also referenced as an achievement in Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7.
• The album's release was supported by the ‘Abattoir Blues’ Tour, which travelled through Europe during November and December 2004.
• The tour generated extremely positive reviews, as did the album with the All Music Guide commenting thus: "The first disc is a rock & roll record, a pathos-drenched, volume-cranked rocker, full of crunch, punishment – and taste" while the second "is a much quieter, more elegant affair. It is more consciously restrained, its attention to craft and theatrical flair more prevalent. But that doesn't make it any less satisfying”.
• Vinyl transfer approval overseen by Mick Harvey during Summer 2014, cut at Abbey Road studios.
• Vinyl is heavyweight 180 gram.
• This edition, approved personally by Nick Cave, is finally available again on it’s original format.
Catalogue number: LPSEEDS13
Label: Mute / BMG