Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 'From Her To Eternity' LP
• Following the break up of Nick Cave’s former group The Birthday Party, Cave and drummer/multi-instrumentalist Mick Harvey put together a new band featuring Einsturzende Neubauten guitarist Blixa Bargeld, additional guitarist Hugo Race, and ex-Magazine bass player Barry Adamson.
• The band entered the studio on September 20th 1983, and after some sessions, emerged as Nick Cave & The Cavemen, playing their first gig in Melbourne on New Year’s Eve 1983.
• The name was short-lived, and was soon amended to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, in reference to the final Birthday Party release, ‘The Bad Seed’ EP.
• Most of ‘From Her To Eternity’ was recorded in London, with sessions split between The Garden studio in Shoreditch, and Trident, in Soho.
• Cave later said, "Well, I guess we weren't kicking people in the teeth anymore. I mean, it just became different. I wanted it to be more lyrically orientated and getting Blixa Bargeld in the group made an incredible difference. He's a completely kind of atmospheric guitarist and incredibly economical and it gave me room to breathe”.
• The album, produced by Mick Harvey and Flood, was released on 18th June 1984 on Mute Records, Cave’s label for more than the next 25 years.
• It received great reviews upon its release and is recognised as one of the most timeless albums of the ‘80s.
• Vinyl transfer approval overseen by Mick Harvey Summer 2014, cut at Abbey Road studios.
• Vinyl is heavyweight 180 gram.
• This edition, approved personally by Nick Cave, is finally available again on it’s original format.
Catalogue number: LPSEEDS1
Label: Mute / BMG