Various 'La Locura De Machuca' 2xLP
La Locura de Machuca is the story of one man’s bizarre odyssey into Colombia’s coastal music underground, and the wild, hypnotic sounds he helped bring up to the surface.
One night in 1975, a successful tax lawyer named Rafael Machuca had his mind blown in Barranquilla’s Plaza de los Musicos. Overnight he went from a high ranking position in the Columbian revenue authority to visionary production guru of the newly formed record label that bore his name, Discos Machuca, and for the next six years he devoted his life to releasing some of the strangest, most experimental Afro Psychedelia Cumbia and Champeta ever produced.
The story of Doctor Machuca and his eccentric exploits tells of one of Colombia’s most atypical and peculiar record companies; a defining pillar of Afro-Caribbean psychedelia. His productions have come to represent the roots of Champeta and set the pedigree standards for Afro and Costeño avant-garde. The seventeen tracks on La Locura de Machuca, harvested from the darkest, strangest corners of the Discos Machuca catalogue, sound like little else recorded before or since.
1. Samba Negra - "Eberebijara"
2. King Somalie - "Monkey´s Dance"
3. El Grupo Folclórico - "Tamba"
4. Los Viajeros Siderales - "El Campanero"
5. Rio Latino - "Ayu"
6. Aníbal Velásquez - "La Mazamorra Del Diablo"
7. La Francachela - "Mosquita Muerta"
8. El Grupo Folclórico - "Juipiti"
9. King Somalie - "Le Mongui"
10. El Grupo Folclórico - "El Tornillito"
11. Samba Negra - "Long Life Africa"
12. La Banda Africana - "Te Clavo La...Mano"
13. Myrian Makenwa - "El Platano"
14. El Grupo Folclórico - "Tucutru"
15. Grupo Bola Roja - "Caracol"
16. El Grupo D'Abelard - "A Otro Perro Con Ese Hueso"
17. Conjunto Barbacoa - "Wabali"
Label: Analog Africa