Various 'The Record Belongs To' LP (Holiday Edition)
We are pleased to announce that Light In The Attic & Third Man Records are joining forces to show impressionable, young minds the virtues of good music and vinyl records with our exclusive children’s compilation, This Record Belongs To______ available November 6th on LP, CD & digitally accompanied by Third Man Record’s new portable light-weight children’s turntable with built in speakers and a USB port for converting vinyl records to digital. Parents everywhere rejoice!
What if your favorite children’s book were not only a timeless story but came with a soundtrack of tunes that kids and grown-ups alike would love? Hold onto your boots… it’s here! This Record Belongs To______ is the antidote to your standard kids compilations. You won’t find boy bands, princesses, or purple dinosaurs here. Instead the record consists of two halves–an upbeat side for daytime dancin’ and a mellow side for bedtime lullabies. Among the many gems featured include songs from Carole King, Woody Guthrie, Donovan, Harry Nilsson, Jerry Garcia, Nina Simone, Kermit The Frog and more.
Inspired by the classic Little Golden Books Series and Sesame Street’s In Harmony albums, This Record Belongs To ______ stems from a love of music, reading, and a passion for teaching future generations the interactive experience of holding an album in your hands, putting needle to groove, and immersing yourself in the pages of a record’s sleeve as the music plays. The compilation was compiled and sequenced by DJ and friend, Zach Cowie, who is as dear to our hearts as this collection of songs (previously passed around as a gift between friends) and is the soundtrack for many LITA & TMR offspring. These kiddos now all have undeniably excellent taste in tunes.
The record is accompanied by an original, full-color storybook illustrated by acclaimed artist, Jess Rotter, which tells the tale of five forest pals who find a mysterious object–a round, flat disc that they proceed to investigate. The animal friends finally solve the mystery and learn how to play a record and let their bodies move to the groove (within the grooves).
1. Shel Silverstein - Invitation
2. Van Dyke Parks - Occapella
3. Carole King - One Was Johnny
4. Harry Nilsson - The Town
5. Harry Nilsson - Me And My Arow
6. The Pointer Sisters - Pinball Number Count
7. Woody Guthrie - Dance Around
8. Jerry Garcia & David Grisman - Jenny Jenkins
9. Roger Miller - Oo-De-Lally
10. Bobby Bare - Daddy What If
11. Ella Jenkins - Pretty Trees Around The World
12. Nina Simone - You Can Sing A Rainbow
13. Vashti Bunyan - Diamond Day
14. Donovan - The Mandolin Man And His Secret
15. Miss Abrams & The Strawberry Point 4th Grade Class - Running In The Garden
16. Kermit The Frog - Rainbow Connection
Catalogue number: LITA145LP
Label: Light In The Attic